Friday, March 22, 2013

A Farewell to a Friendship

So one of the most hurtful events to happen was the abandonment of someone I thought I could call a true friend.

She started at my Lowe's store back in 2011. She was friendly as can be, and seemed to really listen to what I said. I remember one of the first things we did was play Lion King on the Sega Genesis. The day was so much fun. To meet someone at random and end up playing Sega. Haha what a time.

We would hang out occasionally. Went out to lunch a lot, particularly Old School Bagel Cafe. Saw some movies. Went to the fair the last two years. Talked alot. I tried to be the best friend I could be. She was so generous about rides to work, offering as much as she could to help me out. I tried to return the favor best I could, even limited as I could be.

Though that was weird even sometimes. I did things out of the goodness in my heart. Yet there always seemed to be this vibe of...well Corrie's nice to me so she must be in love with me" Uh no. I would do the exact same things her long time friends would do but I'd get outcast for this reason. It was like I was too nice. Things I would do for anyone, and have done, that I know she had seen, somehow she was this special case. I could not offer even gas or lunch without her feeling weird or bad about it.

Now it is like I do not exist and I do not know why. She will not talk to me, and I do not dare push it. I learned that lesson years ago. I can speculate a few reasons, but none of them were intentional and most of it is gossip and hearsay from Lowe's. I am so sorry if there is anything I did to cause this.

So while it hurts what was lost, I will always cherish what was had. I forgive her. I can only hope that someday she will see the truth and just how strong and fair along I have made it, realizing just how wrong this was to cut me off.










No comments:

Post a Comment