Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Final Car Plan


so here is the final deal on me getting a car. Apologies for the long read but you all are driving me crazy ;) After this please leave me alone about it, unless you have something that will help (say a cheap car I can make payments or work off).

One of two criteria must be met to get a car.

1. I get a second job/new job/better living situation. New job = new ride

2. I meet the big goal I have fought so hard for. I am under $5000 to go, assuming the dollar does not drop, prices increase, or the world falls apart (ha). I might can hit that by this time next year, and it is one of the few things giving me hope, especially if the internet work is close to like it was this year.

3. May 2013.- Not sure I can go another summer like this last one. The burden of asking for rides, the sun, the heat, the sunburns, it's too much.

$5,000 is the magical number, money after that is the gravy train to a car and getting back in school. From Feb-Jul I saved $3000. Since then I have saved $200. Internet work has been slow since early August. It picked up the last two days, but it's only been two days.

Lastly, here are the numbers as they are now if I had a car payment of $220, and insurance of $110. Thats an extra $330. My bills are internet $60, phone $130, renters insurance $30, Rent $665, student loan $80, medicine $60, credit card $45. Total $1070 on a net income of $1500-1600 a month. Not bad, leaves me about $500 for food, expenses, fun, saving, etc.

Let's had a car I was approved for with Edmond Hyundai. Payments $220, insurance to $110. Okay $330 a month extra.

$500 - $330 = $170 for food, gas, expenses, fun, saving etc. Oh and my student loan goes up next month to $160. $110-$220 for food, gas, expenses, fun, saving etc.

SEE MY DILEMMA? IT MAKES THE GOAL IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT INTERNET WORK, AND IF INTERNET WORK IS SLOW, I NEVER MAKE THE GOAL, SENDING ME INTO A DEEP HORRID DEPRESSION, AS EVIDENCED BY AUGUST THROUGH EARLY OCTOBER. Please see #1 or # 2. Thanks!

I made every effort to make #1 during vacation, and will continue to do so. #2 should work out over the next year, between real work savings, internet work, cashback shopping, ebaying, credit improvements (loans, line of credit), lower bills, mystery shops, and whatever else I can trim. Though if it is like August/September, this could change in an instant. #3 I don't want to think about but I may have no choice.

On the brightside, it is getting cooler now, so I will be fine. Some of my best days walking to work were when it was in the 20s. No sweat, peaceful, weak sun, etc. With the sidewalk now and crosswalks it will be even better.

2 comments:

  1. Well, if you really need to buy a car, why not settle for pre-owned or used car? Besides, there are a lot of payment options so you can pick one that would fit your monthly expenses. I do hope I helped you find the right car!


    @Sebastian Gaydos

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you really need to push yourself harder to get a car, huh! Good luck and I really wish you the best! Nevertheless, it wouldn’t be a problem if you tried what Sebastian suggested. Who knows, right? You might be able to get a car if you try it.

    Erwin Calverley

    ReplyDelete